The Global Symposium on Soil Biodiversity (GSOBI21) will be held online from 19-22 April 2021.
The GSOBI21 is jointly organised by the UN FAO and its Global Soil Partnership (GSP), the Intergovernmental Technical Panel on Soils (ITPS), together with the UN Convention on Biological Diversity (CBD), the Global Soil Biodiversity Initiative (GSBI) and the Science-Policy Interface of the United Nations Convention to Combat Desertification (SPI UNCCD).
The main objective of the GSOBI21 will be to promote discussion among policy makers, food producers, scientists, practitioners and other stakeholders on solutions to live in harmony with nature and achieve the SDGs through the conservation and sustainable use of soil biodiversity.
The symposium keynote speakers will be:
- Daphne Miller | Department of Family Medicine, University of California, USA
- Felipe Pasini| Farmer, Brazil
- Jérôme E. Tondoh | Nangui Abrogoua University, Côte d’Ivoire
- Diana Wall | School of Global Environmental Sustainability – Colorado State University, USA
- Wim H. van der Putten | Netherlands Institute of Ecology, Wageningen, the Netherlands